Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Weekend

I first have to say how great Liv is. I have not wanted to post about this in fear that I might jinx it, but things are still going great. Like I said before she only poops once a week or so, and that is still going, so less dirty-stinky diapers, who could ask for more. She nurses great and is gaining tons of weight, for her I guess it is a lot. I was nervous about the foods I ate, I was being careful about everything and then slowly introducing it into my diet, nothing phases this girl!! I even went for four almost five weeks without chocolate, I had a brownie this weekend and it did not bother her!! I am still not brave enough to eat any really chocolaty stuff but a little here and there seems to be fine! She has such a sweet nature about her, and she already seems to have Jon's crazy personality. She has all these facial expressions that remind me of my animated husband, and she love to smile, mostly at Jon though, I think she sees enough of me during the day so she gets excited when dad gets home. But this is the best part, she has been sleeping for at least five hours at a time, mostly six, but last night she slept seven hours!! It was awesome, then she woke up, ate some breakfast, hung out for a while, and is sleeping right now! I am not sure why we have such a"perfect" girl but I am not complaining. Another side note, she is a drooler all the sudden? My mom and aunt said we started drooling three months before a first tooth cut through, so maybe she is going to be an early bloomer and get her first tooth at four months. I am not looking forward to teething though! She is amazing, we can't get enough of her! Here are a few pictures from Memorial Day. Jon and I went downtown to the Spokane Falls, and Riverfront Park to walk around. We road the Gondola which takes you over the falls, if you look in the background of our pictures you can see the roaring water. Liv was passed out in my arms, the heat put her right to sleep. It was beautiful and so warm that day, in fact it is still warm, summer is just around the corner! Then we had a BBQ over at Jon's parents, played games, had really good dessert and got to bed early, it was awesome! PS my husband is the best grilling machine ever, we need to get a grill again, love that guy!

13 comments:

Henderson Family said...

So cute!!! You are looking so good Ronae. I'm so so glad that Liv is doing so well. Belinda is into the drooling right now too. Aren't babies just so cute? Sure miss you guys. Take care.

Nikki said...

Just wanted to say how much I miss you guys and how cute you are Ronae! Liv is beautiful! Hope all is well!

Lois Draper said...

Good to hear. I will tell you what people always tell me when I tell them how good Kenya is, they tell me.. "You had to wait so long you deserve a great baby!" It is fun to read your blog and see how similar they are. Kenya has started drooling in the past month too. Maybe we can make a trip to see you guys later this summer. ENJOY your baby!

Catherine and Derrick said...

How wonderful I am so happy for you guys! Liv seems like a great baby

Whitney said...

What a cute family! I love that she always looks so dolled up! Hope you guys are doing great!

The Thomason's said...

Hey Guys! Liv is so cute and I am glad that she is feeling better. We are staying in Moscow for the summer because Jeff is taking a class so we should definatly get together- just let us know. Although if we go swimming give me a while to fit back into my swim suit:)

Anonymous said...

Way to be! Glad you had a good weekend! Oh, and by the way, you so deserve a perfect kid... she better be good to you after that huge scare she gave you!

Caskey Crew said...

You all just keep getting cuter! I want to come visit! But I heard some terrible news that Jon would be leaving town or something, so they decided for us to not come up?!! I was not happy with that verdict. I'm still hoping by some miracle it will change! Probably not though...

amy said...

It was fun to see you guys this weekend. Thanks for helping Bry out! And your pics of the falls are fantastic!

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

What a fun memorial day! I'm so glad she's being a good little thing for you. Bentley only sleeps 6-7 hours at a time now though so I'm jealous you're already there! (he seriously just doesn't need very much sleep and wakes up at 5.30, it's very tiring!!) He started drooling/teething at 3 mos too but didn't cut his first tooth until 8 mos. The drool and fussiness came and went so it wasn't constant for him, so hopefully it won't be bad for cute little Liv!

Rachel said...

Ronae, it is so good to see that you and Jon are doing well. Your new little addition to you family is a doll. You 2 make the cutest little girl. Again it is good to see that all is going well.
Rachel Maughan

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

Hey, I didn't even know you had a baby! Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I read almost your whole blog last night just so I could catch up. I love how you did her room. She is beautiful!

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

I'm so glad you posted on my blog... I used to check yours all the time, but it was always the same for soo long. When you posted to say hello, I came and checked it out.... Had nooo idea you were even prego in the first place!! It's been so fun reading and catching up on your life and the many adventures you all have been having in just the last few weeks!! It's crazy how much has happened!! I'm so happy for you though!! You have such an adorable little family!! I absolutley love it (your blog)... so keep posting! :) Take care for now!!