Thursday, April 16, 2009

Her Nursery

Last weekend we finished this little girls nursery. I was too picky to just go and buy something, or I could not find anything that I really loved, so I took on the task of making her nursery bedding and decor...what was I thinking. I did learn one thing for sure the rest of our kids will get a cute store bought nursery. I spent so much time on it I am not even sure I really like it anymore...I mean I love it but after I have seen it for so long I am sick of it. It is bright, not the usual nursery look, with its colors... hot pink, coral, spring green, chocolate and turquoise. When I was buying the fabric I think everyone thought I was crazy when I told them the fabric was for a nursery. It is sort of retro, I designed after a few Potterybarn designs, just with different colors. I guess you can see her name on the wall, so I guess we are letting you know that her name is Liv, I was not too sure about Liv at first but Jon loves it, and because he loves it I have learned to love it even more, it has grown on me the past couple of weeks. Oh the best part about her nursery is that I was trying to make it not super girly, I mean it is girly of course, I just did not want everything pink. But then I got these grapefruit colored curtains and when the sun shines through the window the whole room glows pink...Jon was like I think maybe there is enough pink now...oops! Looking at these pictures make me wish I could paint the walls in our apartment...
Well we had a little excitement on Monday not that we thought I was going into labor at all, but there were some signs that it could be happening soon...so I got my house all clean, really clean and then nothing, nothing happened. This waiting game is not that much fun. I have made some progress so that is exciting, but I am due in exactly one week and don't really feel like this is going to happen any time soon. I have an appointment tomorrow so we will see if anything has happened!

8 comments:

Erin Anderson said...

Ronae,
Your Nursery is darling! I love it! For some odd reason I took on the task of making all our bedding as well...although mine is not near as cute as yours! I hope things come quickly for you!

The Thomason's said...

Liv's nursery is way cute.(Love the name by the way) It looks like a picture out of a magazine. I love the pin with the matching pictures. Good luck with these last few days of pregnancy. I know that they can be rough. Just go for a long uphill walk and then do jumpin jacks-maybe that will help:)

Henderson Family said...

Dear Mrs. Talented,
I love your AMAZING nursery. Wow maybe someday one of my children might actually have something that looks remotely cool like that. Maybe. That must have taken so much work. Liv better be a girl and not surprise everyone:) You have a very good eye for decorating. I think you should go professional. Good luck with this last week. I know it seems like it takes forever to get through that last week, but try and keep yourself busy and get out of the house as much as possible. Just keep in mind that your baby will come when she is supposed to. Don't rush it. She'll be better off in the long run. I was a week over due with Belinda (not exactly an exciting thought, I know), but she was perfectly healthy and the labor and delivery experience was just what I wanted it to be. So just relax and get all the rest you can. You'll be amazing. Take care.
Love,
Mrs. Wanna Be;)

Danielle said...

Super cute room!! You did an awesome job making the bedding...haha you should do it for a living!! I couldn't find bedding i liked either! Good luck with everything, and i am super excited to see pics of Liv!!

Natalie said...

The nursery is very cute Ronae, I love the bright colors, I can't believe you made that you are so good, I don't think I would of had the patience!!!!!! You are so talented, oh and I love the name Liv, can't wait till she gets here, I am keepings my cell phone near me at all times!!!!!!!

Beth and Wes said...

That looks amazing, you are so talented!!

Seth and Emily said...

SO cute! I love it! You are a great decorator

Black Family said...

Um.....soooooo cute!! I love the rocker too...where did u get it?