Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Labor and Delivery

So as if I did not have the most ideal, perfect pregnancy, now I could not have asked for a better labor and delivery. I thought because my pregnancy was so easy that I was in for it when it came to delivery. Man am I glad I was wrong. Jon and I arrived at the hospital an April 20th, not to be induced but to start the process. There was a pill involved and then a waiting game, but literally this was not my induction. My doctor came in the next morning a little after eight, broke my water, and told me I was at two centimeters, not much change. Then things started rolling. The nurse thought the contractions I was having were aggravation contractions and that they would settle down. Little did she or I know that as soon as they broke my water I was sent into active labor. Two hours into it, I was feeling weak, the contractions were really strong and right on top of each other, but I thought it has only been two hours I can't ask for my epidural yet, I have at least ten hours to go. But I did it, I asked for the meds and ten minutes later the anesthesiologist was there. It took the man five times to get the epidural placed, and I mean he got all the way to placing the catheter and could not get it in. He said the ligaments in my back were really strong. He felt so bad. So almost an hour later it was in and I was feeling great, I mean on top of the world great. Before the epidural I was thinking there was no way I was going to be able to do this, but as soon as the pain was gone, I felt like I could do anything in the world. Well I had not been checked sense eight so at noon the nurse came back in checked me, and I was at a ten!! Jon and I thought it was a joke at first, we could not believe this was happening. Our family thought Jon was joking, naturally, when he told them I was at a ten. The nurse had me give one practice push and had to tell me to stop because my doctor was not there yet. Ten minutes later my doctor arrived, five pushes later Liv was here. I could not believe it, a four hour labor and five pushes, what a joke, and what a gift. Liv was born at 12:36pm. Her first pictures are a little scary, she is pretty chalky and a little swollen, but she is a beauty! Here I am getting ready for bed at the hospital
And here Jon is getting ready for bed at the hospital!!

Contraction anyone?

I am resting for thirty seconds in between contractions

We just found out I was at a ten, these are our last pictures before her arrival!

This is Liv's big debut, she is gorgeous

I love this picture of Jon, this is pure joy, and what a proud daddy!


Our first family photo!

6 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Wow, good job Ronae!!! Liv is absolutely adorable. Jon looks like such a proud daddy. I am so happy for you both!!!

Natalie said...

Thank you Ronae for sharing all of that, it was so nice to read, she is so perfect and beautiful I am so happy for you!!!!

Caskey Crew said...

Oh wow she is so gorgeous! It sounds like you did an awesome job with delivery. It was good to read your story! You two look so happy! I can't wait to see you all!

Beth and Wes said...

Some people are just built to have babies and apparently you are one of them, Lucky You!! Congrats I'm so happy that everything went well for you!! Wes and I are going to have to stop by and see her one of these days. She's adorable!!

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Oh Ronae, you so deserved to have a great pregnancy and labor. I am so happy for you. She is so beautiful and tiny! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a DOLL! :-) Congratulations, and way-to-go Ronae! Awesome labor and delivery story.